Introduction to Massage
Learning to massage is fun and satisfying, especially when you gain skills to massage your friends and family.
You might enjoy it so much that you may consider it as a career option!
The Introduction to Massage course through Massage for Health will help you to learn safe and effective massage techniques that you can apply straight away. The course provides an excellent foundation either as a fun hobby or for those considering a career in the industry.
The course covers:
· Introduction to Anatomy – required for safe massage practice
· Indications and Contraindications – when and when not to massage
· Setup and General Procedures – table/chair setup , draping, applying oil… and lots more
· Massage Techniques – effleurage, petrissage, tapotements… and lots more
· Learning a Sequence – putting it all together
· Where to Now? – meet some of the team from Health Sciences at CIT
Cost: The course is normally $250 inc GST per person, and includes:
· Course Work Book and Reference Material, as well as…
· 250ml Pump Pack of Massage oil
– all linen required to attend the course will be provided
When: There are two options for when you can attend Introduction to Massage
2 x Half-Days (Weekend): 2pm – 5.30pm Sunday the 15th and 22nd September 2019
4 x Evenings (Weekday): Dates to be confirmed based on number
Location: Unit 8, 17-23 Oatley Ct, Belconnen ACT 2617
* Tea, coffee and nibbles are supplied at all sessions
About the Instructor
Emma Hely is a sought after trainer with more than 15 years of experience in remedial massage. Emma worked for 5 years at the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) teaching Introduction to Massage, Communications and Pregnancy Massage. Her award winning skills in Lymphatic Drainage combine in this specialised course to assist with the needs of convalescing and chronically ill patients.
Apart from holding an Advanced Diploma of Remedial Massage, Emma is a qualified trainer, with further qualifications in Thai Massage, Infant Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Dry Needling, Cupping, Hot Stones (Lomi Lomi) and other useful techniques.
Emma’s teaching style is supportive, enthusiastic and inspiring. Students often refer to how Emma assisted to make them feel at ease with the learning material, building up their confidence and providing inspiration to go on to achieve even greater goals with their massage. Emma is an excellent trainer, there to help you learn and grow.
For more information, please call Emma on 0409458099 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org